The critical service failed error message appears on your screen with the error code 0x000000EF, it means that your computer’s critical system process has died. This can affect the system hardware like the hard disk drive, system processor, system memory. It generally appears when a critical system process died with an error code 0x000000EF or a blue screen. When the system fails to run it crashes the OS with a critical process died to stop error 0x000000EF or the blue screen appears on your Windows PC or Laptop.
- Very common cause is incorrectly configured or corrupted device drivers.
- Corruption in windows registry.
- Virus infection that corrupt the windows system files or program files.
- Damaged drivers related to windows operating system.
- Damaged Hard Disk Drive.
- Error due to RAM(memory) corruption.
Common Error messages:
- This error appears and the active programs on your windows get crashes.
- It displays STOP error 0x5A: CRITICAL_SERVICE_FAILED .
- PC gets crashes with error 0x5A , when you run the same program.
- Computer hangs up regularly for a few minutes.
- The mouse and keyboard responds slow and slow.
Fix 1: The system files are in working condition
Run SFC command:
- Open the command prompt with administrator privilege.
- Run the SFC command in the command prompt. Type sfc/scannow command to do this.
- It takes few minutes to complete this process. Reboot your computer after the completion of this command.
Deployment Image Servicing and Management is the tool that specially designed to check the system and fixes the blue screen of death error.
- Open and Run the command prompt with the administrator privilege.
- Type the following commands one bye one, by pressing enter key after each command.
- Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
- Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
- Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- Reboot your computer after the completions of this command.
Fix 3:Update System Drivers
Outdated system’s drivers can affect the performance of your computer and may trigger critical process died issues. It is recommended to update and repair all the system drivers in your system.
- Start->Device Manager
- Right click on it and find the name of your device and choose the Update driver.
- Select the Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Visit the device manufacture’s official website and download the update, if you unable to find the new driver.
- Reboot your PC at last and Windows system will reinstall the drivers.
The above discussed solutions are effective and it allows you to deal with the “Critical_Process_Died” blues screen of death error. The given fixes will help you to make your PC free from the errors. Scan your PC with a professional PC repair tool after fixing these issues. It fixes all type of PC issues like BSOD error, DLL errors, registry issues, slow PC performance and more.