In this guide, we will show you how to jailbreak firestick.
Firestick is an incredibly popular streaming device. This feature-rich device is a low-cost solution to convert any regular TV with HDMI compatibility into a smart TV. Firestick lets you stream content from a variety of online media and entertainment services like Netflix, Amazon Prime Videos, Hotstar, and serval TV networks.
What is Firestick jailbreak?
Jailbreaking allows you to get third-party streaming apps that give you free access to all your favorite movies, live TV channels, sports and more. Yea! Jailbreaking a Firestick is totally legal.
How to Jailbreak Firestick?
Amazon Fire Stick jailbreak process isn’t exactly a cakewalk, it’s not some rocket either. I have broken this process easier, just make sure you follow the instructions exactly as provided and you will have a jailbroken firestick within minutes. I have seen many people facing legal battles for selling jailbroken FireSticks.
Just follow the steps mentioned below and it will be able to jailbreak Amazon Fire Stick easily.
Step 1: Setting Up FireStick for jailbreaking
- Select the Settings on the FireStick home-screen using your remote (option on the far right on the top).
- Now click and select My Fire TV (or Device on FireSticks with older software).
- Open the Developer Options on the next screen.
- Now simply enable or switch ON the: Apps from Unknown Sources.
- Turn on when prompted.
Step 2: Install the File Explorer on FireStick
ES File Explorer happens to be a wonderful File Manager application. At the same time, it is also a very handy side-loading tool for amazon firestick. This app is free and you can download it from the Amazon App Store easily.
You will need ES File Explorer to jailbreak FireStick and install different streaming apps on it. You can download it easily within a minute from the Amazon App Store, for free.
- Go to the FireStick home-screen and use your remote to select the Search option in the top-right corner of the display.
- Now search for ES File Explorer using the on-screen keypad. Click on the ES File Explorer when you see it in the search result.
- Click on the ES File Explorer icon on the next screen and Download on the screen that follows.
- Now, open to launch the ES File Explorer app.
Step 3: Jailbreak FireStick
Installing Kodi is the last and final step to jailbreaking FireStick. Kodi is a media application, which gives you access to the huge world of free entertainment. It allows you to watch your favorite Movies, Shows, TV channels, Sports, and a lot more. Yes, now you can stream anything you want. All you need is the right Kodi Add-ons and Builds.
We will be jailbreak FireStick with Kodi using the ES File Explorer app that you just downloaded from the Amazon Store.
- Click the Downloader icon on the right part of the home screen, in the ES file explorer.
- Click +New in the bottom.
- Enter the following URL where it says path:
- Type Kodi 18 in the name section.
- Click on the Download Now.
- Wait for the ES File Explorer app to download the Kodi 18.3 APK
- Click on the Open File and Install.
- Click Install on the window that appears next.
- Wait for the Kodi app to install and it should not take more than a minute.
- App Installed notification will confirm that Kodi has been installed on FireStick.
Great! Now your Firestick is Jailbroken.
So, that is how you will jailbreak FireStick with Kodi and gain access to unlimited free content for nonstop streaming. The jailbreak is not only easy but also completely risk-free. If you run into any trouble, feel free to drop us a comment below. We will do our best to take care of our issues.